Helping others should always come before personal gain. It’s a lesson Neal Lourie learned at an early age from his father, Lourie Law Firm founder the late Isadore Lourie. It’s a credo Neal lives by today. It’s also the philosophy that guides his legal practice, whether he’s representing someone injured in an accident or hurt on the job.
Neal represents clients in the Midlands, Upstate and Lowcountry in personal injury lawsuits and workers’ compensation cases. He’s a compassionate and skilled advocate for people from all walks of life. His ultimate goal: standing up for those who need a voice.
A native of Columbia and graduate of the University of South Carolina School of Law, Neal is a fierce competitor – he learned that from his father, too. He never lets that desire to do battle, though, get in the way of giving all clients the representation that is right for them. Sometimes, that means battling a big employer to make sure an injured worker gets everything needed to move on toward a full financial and physical recovery. Sometimes, that means putting enough pressure on the other side to get a fast, fair settlement.
Whichever route clients choose, Neal is committed to standing by them. Over decades of litigating the difficult cases, from slip-and-fall accidents to dog bites to wrongful death, Neal has developed the legal skills and know-how to build a strong case that’s difficult for the other side to ignore. He also has the experience to know that just learning the facts of the case often is not enough. Attorneys need to know the impact an injury has had, not only on the client’s life, but also on finances and family members as well.
Neal is dedicated to finding all of those answers and to fighting for a resolution that works best for the client.
- South Carolina, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 2000
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina J.D. 1993
- Tulane University, New Orleans, LA B.A. 1990
- Voted Best Lawyer for Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants, Columbia Metropolitan Magazine, December 2017
- Moot Court Winner – University of South Carolina School of Law, 1992 – Present
- South Carolina Bar, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Richland County Bar Association, Member
- Injured Workers’ Advocates, Member
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Member
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association